And so, as usual, we come to my Annual End of Year Audit, in which I round up my life. I doubt many are interested (ha ha!) but for my own reference, here we go. In no apparent order, in no particular form, my thoughts for the upcoming New Year.
1. I resolve to not lose my temper that badly. For example - last night's NYE celebration made me see red (literally) due to this careless girl who decided not to exercise caution and therefore spilling drinks on me and my boy, and I just lost it and stalked out. I'm still very pissed about that incident (our clothes! My bag!) but... Hafta play nice. Must also keep remembering to play nice because you never know when you might be the one to do stupid things like that and be on the other end. And plus I'm just generally a nice person (I hope!), and it was an accident.
2. I need to finally tell this particular ex of mine that it's never gonna happen between us and stop hoping he'll get the message on his own (which I thought he would after all these years!). This resolve comes from several texts on my phone that I got from him between 2 and 3am last night telling me happy new year and that he had a real urge to see me and that he was going to drive down to my place to see me (at 3 in the morning!!!). Nonononono haha.
3. Get more in control of my career. Not gonna talk much about this but I've got a rough idea.
4. Stop being so disorganised about things. Honestly. I'll start small, from keeping my table at work organised, and hopefully progress to big, my wedding. Haha. Considering almost all brides-to-be I know keep a checklist and continually think about details, I must be the most bo chap bride-to-be I know. Which is not a good thing.
5. 2008 has been pretty good for me in some ways. I got together with my boy this year (hurrah!), and that's made a big difference to my habits of dating boys as a time-pass thing and getting rid of them after a while. I also got closer to my colleagues (now friends) at work and that has made me feel that going to work isn't such a bad thing after all.
6. I still miss my baby cat. :( But at least now I can talk about him without feeling a strong desire to bawl.
7. I need to start being more healthy, i.e. do stuff like run, gym, etc. Weight-wise I'm actually in danger of going below the required BMI so I figure I should eat more. But that's unhealthy cos I actually eat quite a bit already so it's time to hit the gym, perhaps, build up some muscles or whatnot. Sighhhhhhhhhh.
8. To start appreciating my room more, considering how my horrible elder sis is going to return from the States in a few months' time full of evil plans to annex my room once I move out. Haha.
And there you go. Maybe more thoughts will come along my way later on.